Intern - Data QA
Tampa Bay RaysSaint Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2021 3:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Data QA jobs in Saint Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Data QA postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for an entry-level Data Quality Assurance Intern to help the Baseball Systems department build the best software and analytics solutions in all of Major League Baseball.
What is Baseball Systems?
• As part of Baseball Operations, our team builds the innovative tools that our players, coaches, analysts, scouts and front office personnel use to do their jobs, make decisions, and win ballgames.
• Our team consists of several data engineers, backend developers and frontend developers and coordinators.
• Every line of code we write - and feature we ship - has a direct impact on the field, helping us compete in the postseason year after year.
• Working within the most innovative and collaborative front office in MLB, your ideas will be welcomed and heard.
We are looking for someone who:
• has some experience working with data sets from various sources. This could be CSVs, Excel, SQL and NoSql databases among others.
• has an exceptional attention to detail to be able to ensure data accuracy.
• possesses good writing skills to help with documentation of our current databases and processes.
• has an entry-level ability to read and write sql queries.
• has at least basic experience creating and maintaining database tables.
• is eager to learn as much as possible about data engineering.
It's not required, but would be awesome if you:
• are experienced in designing database tables and relationships.
• have experience importing and exporting data using an ETL tool of any kind.
• can read or write code used to import different types of data.
• know how to create automated tests to validate data quality without user intervention.
What will you do each day?
• Make sure all of our data import jobs run successfully.
• Use your baseball knowledge and technical skills to find creative ways to identify and correct anomalies in our data.
• Verify that the data that was imported is correct and notify the team if you found any problems.
• Document existing databases, database tables and ETL processes.
• Identify areas where improvements can be made.
• Learn as much as your heart desires from a group of kind and supportive professionals
Why work for the Rays?
• You'll be working with some of the sharpest minds in all of baseball.
• You will be considered for a full-time role at the end of your internship.
• You are a good teammate and like working with other driven and caring teammates.
• Your office is in a baseball stadium!
• You'll get free tickets to watch a lot of baseball with your friends and family.
• We are an organization that prides itself on coaching others so please apply even if you don't meet every one of the requirements above.
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
Statement: All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Acknowledgement by applying: I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.