Intern - Corporate Partnerships
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays and Rowdies Corporate Partnerships Sales and Service Department is looking for driven, committed, detail-oriented individuals to participate in a season-long internship opportunity. The position will allow each intern to experience a portion of the corporate sales season, as well as assisting with fulfillment of corporate partnership agreements covering two (2) professional sports organizations during the season. They will have the opportunity to hear from organization executives and collaborate with other departments to develop a well-rounded understanding of the organization and industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Corporate Partnerships Team with assembling client proposals, presentations, and contract fulfillments
• Maintain awareness of sponsorship/market trends and knowledge relative to Tampa Bay Rays & Rowdies Corporate Partners as well as competitors that are activating within other markets and/or professional leagues • Assist with proof of performance tracking and contract fulfillment
• Support Sales and Service Team with prospecting sales opportunities and developing partnership recaps, respectively
• Capture qualitative/quantifiable results that can be translated into a visual presentation for clients
• Assist with organization and execution of special events and networking opportunities in Corporate Hospitality
• Assist the Sales & Service Team with daily tasks under the supervision of Corporate Partnership Leadership
• Manage inventory of merchandise, premium items, and hospitality requests • Execute game-day duties and responsibilities as directed, including but not limited to setting up activation tables, capturing photos of signage, and facilitating in-game activations
• Assist and monitor partner social media campaigns, sweepstakes, and traffic-driving promotions
• Assist with data entry/tracking in Microsoft Dynamics CRM/KORE, SponsorUnited, YouGov and other pertinent platforms
• Attend and participate in weekly departmental sales, service, and game-related meetings
• Perform general administrative duties
• Display decision-making skills guided by and in alignment with Rays & Rowdies core values
• All other tasks & duties as assigned
• Bachelors' degree or in final semester of bachelor's program
• 1year of sales/customer service experience is preferred but not required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Photography skills preferred but not required
• Interest in a career in sports with some background in sports preferred but not required
• Must have the ability to handle moderate physical labor
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Availability to work nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
The following are brief internship guidelines:
• The internship will run from January 10th, 2022 through September 30th, 2022.
• Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.