Intern - Concessions and Retail Strategy
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
*Internship (Concessions and Retail Strategy)
The Strategy and Development department oversees strategic planning and the development of new business opportunities for the Rays organization. The department is seeking a full-time intern for the 2019 season to support the Rays Director of Concessions & Retail as well as other business development activities in a wide-ranging role.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist Rays Director of Concessions & Retail with key projects including, but not limited to, execution of food, beverage and retail strategy in partnership with hospitality vendors, traditional and digital media strategy, strategic planning related to the team's business operations, facilities assessments and capital improvements, and exploration and analysis of new business ventures.
• Perform traditional research and write reports/memoranda as assigned, primarily based around (but not limited to) the project areas listed above.
• Monitor industry trends and hospitality operations and make recommendations on improvements to the operations that drive increased fan satisfaction with the food, beverage, and retail experience as well as improved efficiency in the operation and improved financial performance.
• Perform data gathering and analysis, such as reporting on Rays business operations and/or analysis in support of business evaluation and decision making.
• Assist with planning and coordination of activities around the Rays new ballpark initiative.
• Plan, conduct, and report on market research including surveys, focus groups, etc.
• Assist with coordination of game day activities and other special events as needed (i.e. FanFest, other community events).
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 4 year degree or pursuit toward degree
• Strong work ethic, organization skills, and excellent communication skills (phone, e-mail, etc.)
• Strong research and analytics skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Additional experience and familiarity with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Relevant experience in the sports industry or related fields is preferred
• Must be able to work home games and other events as assigned on a limited basis, potentially including weekends and holidays
The following are brief internship guidelines:
• There are two possible durations for this internship (one of the two to be agreed upon based on candidate's availability and needs of the Rays):
o January, 7th, 2019 through October 4th, 2019
o February 4th, 2019 through October 25th, 2019
• Intern must be available for normal office hours, and game days and events as assigned.
• Intern will be paid hourly and scheduled to work 40 hours per week.
All offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?