Intern - Broadcasting
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for a driven and committed individual to participate in a season-long internship opportunity with the Rays Broadcasting department. This individual will work closely with department staff to enhance radio broadcasts and Rays Radio's digital offerings and assist with day-to-day operations. The internship will allow the intern to experience a full business cycle within the baseball industry.
Rays Radio Info:
Rays Radio broadcasts on a statewide network, satellite radio, MLB.com and mobile applications. Rays Radio includes 162 regular season games, all playoff games, and select Grapefruit League games. Also produces ''This Week in Rays Baseball'' and ''Countdown to Opening Day'' specials.
include but are not limited to:
• 40 hour work week, depending on broadcast schedules and duties required by position
• Serve as a Production Assistant for all Rays Radio Broadcasts
• Record pregame and postgame audio from Rays and opponent
• Assist with managing and logging all radio live reads
• Write, edit, and produce radio spots
• Support Broadcasters, Producers, and Engineers with daily tasks
• Work remote radio broadcasts in the greater Tampa Bay Area throughout the season
• Bachelors' degree
• 1-2 years of experience
• Radio remote broadcast equipment (IP, POTS codecs)
• Audio editing software (Audition, Audacity, Cool Edit)
• Uploading/distributing audio (iTunes, Soundcloud, etc.)
• Interest in broadcast production
• Knowledge of Major League Baseball and the broadcasting industry is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Must have the ability to handle moderate physical labor including heavy lifting
• Must have valid driver's license and satisfactory driving records.
• Experience with:
- Single and multi-camera video productions
- Video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, etc.)
The following are brief internship guidelines:
• The internship will run from January 24th, 2022 through October 2nd, 2022.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends and some holidays
• Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.