Intern - Baseball Operations Video
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Title: Baseball Operations Video Intern
Department: Baseball Performance Science
Location: St Petersburg, FL (approximate travel 10%)
Reports to: Coordinator, Minor League Video
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays are searching for a service-minded individual to assist the Minor League Video Coordinator in daily operations. This role will be based out of Tropicana Field and conduct work that spans various departments in Baseball Operations including Amateur Scouting, International Scouting, Pro Scouting, Player Development, and Research & Development. This individual will also learn about other areas of Baseball Operations through collaborative projects with various departments; we fully expect this person to gain valuable exposure in areas beyond video.
• Assist with editing and uploading scouting video clips from all scouting departments (amateur, international, pro) to the video database
• Maintain and organize a database of player IDs to improve accuracy and video mapping across each scouting department
• Help with various Baseball Operations projects as requested by relevant staff; projects may focus on several areas including Scouting, Research & Development, Player Development, or general Baseball Operations
• Communicate with other video interns at Minor League Affiliates to maintain consistency and help field questions to the coordinator
• Participate actively in our Internship Development Program
• Complete projects geared toward front-office skill acquisition and personal development goals
• Create presentations, host class sessions, and complete required readings and podcast listening to be prepared for each meeting
• Focus to manage many details at once
• Plus communication skills to accurately message to multiple audiences
• Service mentality and care to get the job done right and on time
• Ability to work non-traditional and flexible hours per the baseball schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Prior video editing and BATS experience are strongly preferred
• SQL knowledge is useful, but not required
• Available to start no later than January 17th, 2023
All offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.