Intern - Baseball Communications
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Communications department is seeking an intern for the entire 2022 season. Applicants must have excellent writing skills, preferably with a background in communications or journalism.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Summarize news stories and compile press clips daily
• Assist in the credentialing process, including the production and distribution of media credentials
• Create and organize press box seating chart
• Prepare statistical packets for media and broadcasters
• Join pre- and postgame press conferences via Zoom, record and upload for archiving purposes
• Proofread press releases, monthly magazine and midseason Yearbook publications
• Assist with any departmental administrative tasks, such as answering phones and fan mail
• Complete additional projects as assigned by Baseball Communications staff
• Currently enrolled in the final semester or a recent graduate in Journalism or Communications
• Prior sports experience in media relations or sports information is preferred
• Highly knowledgeable in baseball statistics, terminology and rules
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Detail- and deadline-oriented
• Highly motivated and well organized
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word and Excel
The following are brief internship guidelines:
• Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the internship (March – October), postseason if applicable.
• The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.