Intern - Amateur Scouting
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This position supports day-to-day amateur scouting operations as we prepare for the 2021 Rule 4 draft and will run from January – October 2021*. In addition to building work experience in amateur scouting, our goal is to develop the individual with knowledge and skills necessary to positively impact a baseball operations department as a whole. We will facilitate this development through exploration of external resources, targeted projects, and exposure to a diverse group of staff members.
• Learn fundamental baseball concepts relevant to amateur player evaluation and development through exposure to relevant staff and processes.
• Work with Baseball Operations Video Coordinator to manage, organize & analyze amateur video.
• Support full amateur office staff with managing, organizing, & analyzing all information surrounding amateur talent evaluation.
• Support full amateur office staff with all draft prep, including draft meetings, along with logistics surrounding post draft signings.
• Attend & scout local amateur games/events as needed.
• Assist with various Baseball Operations projects & assignments outside of Amateur Scouting as requested by relevant staff throughout the year.
*We are constantly monitoring conditions related to the current pandemic. Our goal is to offer a complete educational experience but realize we will need to be flexible with this goal due to the circumstances COVID has created. All decisions will be made with health and safety as the priority. We ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate this together.