Intern - Advance Scouting
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2021 3:28:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Advance Scouting jobs in St. Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Advance Scouting postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Title: Advance Scouting Intern
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking an Advance Scouting Intern. This individual will primarily be tasked with conducting research and providing content for Major League advance reports throughout the 2022 MLB season. They will also have an opportunity to assist in additional Baseball Operations projects and interact with various departments. Keeping the baseball lifecycle and calendar in mind, it is strongly preferred that our intern be available to start by February 1st, 2022. We will monitor the conditions that the current pandemic presents and will keep health and safety at the forefront of all our decisions.
Department: Advance Scouting
Reporting Relationships: This role will report directly to the Assistant, Advance Scouting & Replay
• Provide content for each Major League advance report throughout the 2022 MLB season
• Conduct thorough and proactive research, specifically through video and data analysis, to obtain relevant information regarding upcoming opponents
• Present findings in a clear, concise, and fully thought-out manner
• Complete each report in a timely manner, under the guidance of the Major League Operations department and Major League coaching staff
• Assist in the collection and distribution of scouting video as it relates to our MLB Dugout iPad program or ad hoc staff request.
• Be continually aware of and prepared to make ''last minute'' adjustments (e.g. injuries, callups, rotation adjustments, etc.) to advance reports
• Assist with various Baseball Operations projects as requested by relevant staff
• Projects may focus on several areas including Scouting, Research & Development, Player Development, or general Baseball Operations
Interns in this role can expect to:
• Have ownership of assigned projects and see them through from start to finish
• Take an active role in improving current processes by thinking beyond the minimum needs to accomplish a task and voicing suggestions
• Build on their current skills and knowledge base
• Develop relevant technical skills, broaden understanding of baseball concepts and processes, and explore additional relevant topics
• Operate in a self-directed manner with minimal oversight
• Communicate directly and effectively with staff, players, and coaches to build meaningful relationships
• Domain knowledge of the game, preferably through prior playing experience or relevant work experience
• A high degree of professionalism maintained at all times
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
• SQL & R Studio programming experience preferred
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Application Instructions: Please include a resume and cover letter
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
Statement: All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Acknowledgment: (Yes/No) I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.