Intern - Advance Scouting
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2020 1:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Advance Scouting jobs in St Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Advance Scouting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Advance Scouting? The Rays are building off an exciting 2020 season and look forward to what 2021 has to offer. Our Advance Scouting Intern will primarily conduct research and provide the content for Major League advance reports throughout the 2020 MLB season. They will also have an opportunity to provide assistance in other Baseball Operations projects and interact with other departments. Given the nature and life-cycle of our process, it is strongly preferred that our intern be available to start by March 1st, 2021. We will monitor conditions that the current pandemic presents and will keep health and safety at the forefront of all our decisions. This position is dependent on a Major League Season, and while we feel good about a season happening, we will be flexible to how we manage this internship based on information available to us.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide content for each Major League advance report throughout the 2021 MLB season
• Conduct thorough research, specifically through video and analytics, in order to obtain relevant information regarding upcoming opponents
• Present findings in a clear, concise, and well thought out manner
• Complete each report in a timely manner, as determined by Major League Operations Assistant and Major League coaching staff
• Assist in the gathering and distribution of scouting video as it relates to MLB Dugout iPads or staff request.
• Be continually aware of and prepared to make ''last minute'' adjustments (e.g. injuries, callups, rotation adjustments, etc.) to advance reports
• Assist with various Baseball Operations projects as requested by relevant staff
• Projects may focus on several aspects, including Scouting, Research and Development, Player Development, or general Baseball Operations
Interns in this role should expect to:
• Put in the necessary effort and develop the necessary skills to efficiently and precisely complete assigned tasks
• Take an active role in improving current processes by exceeding the minimum expectations for assigned tasks and suggesting process improvements
• Build on current ability and knowledge base
• This can include development of relevant technical skills, broadening understanding of baseball concepts and processes, as well as exploring other relevant topics
• Ideally, much of this exploration will occur with minimal oversight
• Conduct oneself in a professional and respectful manner
• Communicate directly with other staff, as well as with players and coaches, in order to build effective relationships
• Work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.