Control Room Operations Engineer
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2020 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Control Room Operations Engineer jobs in St Petersburg-FL
Search all Control Room Operations Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Control Room Operations Engineer? Responsibilities
• Assist in managing production elements for events at the ballpark (games and non-game events)
• Oversee and assist in loading of content for games, non-baseball events, and other venue requests.
• Manage overall maintenance of control room systems and LED displays; updates, backups, integrations, and repairs.
• Program and operate control room equipment including the switcher, replay system, graphic machines, clips playback, cameras, audio and scoreboard systems.
• Assist in scheduling and rehearsals requiring the use of the control room systems and LED displays.
• On-site engineer for events requiring the use of the control room equipment and ballpark LED displays.
• Execute live productions for events where and when needed as a control room operator for events held at Tropicana Field, Spring Training Facility and Al Lang Stadium.
• Assist in managing relationships with third-party vendors for pricing, research and general maintenance.
• Participate in the selection and hiring of game day/part-time staff, as well as day-to-day management of the operators including; staffing games and non-game events, directing work, providing feedback, and general support.
• Train, teach best practices, and foster the growth and development of all game day crew.
• Develop production solutions for executing ideas, concepts and features utilizing all resources provided.
• Serve as the production liaison to the Stadium Operations Department.
• Attend event meetings to help develop production plan to meet and execute each event's needs,
• Assist in archiving, storing and removing of digital content from all control room machines and systems.
• Manage video inputs and routing requests from third parties (RSN, MLB, internal departments, etc.)
• Assist in scheduling, use and storage of field production gear (cameras, lights, audio equipment, etc.)
• Research and develop strategies for new technologies and control room solutions/updates
• Assist in developing yearly budget for control room solutions, repairs, maintenance and updates.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred. Equivalent, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
• 2-3 years of previous control room operation experience required.
• 2-3 years of live production experience required.
• Previous experience programming control room equipment required.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge in control room equipment including switcher (Ross), graphics (Ross Xpression), replay systems (DreamCatcher), clips playback (Ross Clips), Cameras (Sony, Canon, RED), audio gear/com system, and scoreboard systems (Daktronics, AllSport)
• Strong understanding of networking and IP routing workflows and concepts.
• Competent in live event protocols.
• Working knowledge of ENG, studio and DSLR cameras and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite required.
• Ability to interact with internal departments and ballpark clients in an exciting and professional manner to achieve their goals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong initiative in the workplace, as job will require you to work independently.
• Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Contributes to the team positively and professionally; collaborates and communicates well with teammates.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
• Must be able and willing to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift production gear up to a maximum of 50 lbs. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.