Baseball Research & Development Analyst
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 6/11/2021 7:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Baseball Research & Development Analyst jobs in St. Petersburg-FL
Search all Baseball Research & Development Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Baseball Research & Development Analyst?
Full Time Job
* Baseball Research & Development Analyst (Multiple Roles)
The Tampa Bay Rays are searching for our next Baseball Research and Development Analysts. Our R&D group helps shape our Baseball Operations decision-making processes through the analysis and interpretation of data. We are seeking those with a passion for baseball and a desire to contribute through mathematics, data analysis, and computation. The next members of our R&D team will be intellectual contributors that can work both individually and collaboratively, come up with interesting research questions to explore, find ways to answer those questions through the available data, develop, test and validate quantitative tools, communicate the results of their research, and work to apply their research outcomes to improve how our organization operates. We want to work with people who care about being good teammate, want to make a positive impact on our organization, have an innovative spirit, and will explore new ways to make us better. Does this describe you?
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop models to answer various questions and problems posed by decision makers
• Generate internal quantitative tools for use by other members of the department
• Administer the processing of quality data from various sources
• Examine the relationship between the data from various sources and player performance
• Create reports at the request of various stakeholders
• Investigate ways to improve current tools
• Fluency in R or Python
• Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning
• Candidates with non-traditional schooling backgrounds, as well as candidates with traditional degrees in related areas, are encouraged to apply