Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Full Time Job
The Rays are seeking potential candidates to serve as interpreters and provide simultaneous or consecutive interpretation for a current or future member of our staff. To be considered, you must be completely fluent in English and Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese or Spanish. You should have a strong ability to instantly comprehend and convert one language into another. This role also needs a solid understanding baseball terminology and the colloquial language. In addition to that language proficiency, the ideal individual for this role will have the availability and flexibility to work the baseball schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays. The majority of these duties will take place with the set media times pre and post-game and occasionally with external community engagement events. Other duties will be assigned based upon the strengths and skill set of the individual hired for this role.
Expectations and Qualifications:
• Strong memory and concentration
• Accurate and succinct reproduction in the appropriate language
• Using technology where appropriate, such as microphones, headphones, telephones, video and the internet
• Above average interpersonal and trust building skills
• Availability and flexibility to participate in the baseball season and schedule
• Understanding and familiarity with baseball a huge plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work hours that coincide with the 2019 Rays Baseball Schedule?
• Do you have previous experience interpreting for non-native English speakers?
• Are you fluent in English?
• What other language(s) are you fluent in?