Swallow Hill MusicDenver, CO
Full Time Job
The Concert Director, an executive leader, reports to the CEO and is responsible for all aspects of the Concert Department including creating, booking and executing a comprehensive concert program, strategic visioning and tactical execution in the achievement of programmatic and revenue goals and objectives, administration, staff management, budgeting and inter-departmental communication. A
successful Director will collaborate across departments and develop and maintain partnerships to maximize programming opportunities.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new Concert staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Develop and manage the Concert Department budget, meeting revenue and expense goals.
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO short- and long- term Concert Department goals and strategies and recommendations for changes to, or the creation of, new concert programs and partnerships.
- Ensure successful booking of talent (headliners and support acts) for all concerts, including but not limited to, weekly shows at our Flagship location on Yale Ave (Daniels Hall, Tuft Theater & The Quinlan Café), Denver Botanic Gardens Summer Concert Series, Shady Grove Concert Series at Four Mile Historic Park, Ukefest, and Off-Site Concerts;
- Send and monitor offers; execute artist contracts; and ensure contractual timelines are adhered to (including artist fee deposits);
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate concert value relative to organizational mission and profitability.
- Ensure appropriate staffing, coach and provide professional development opportunities for staff, ensuring effective coordination and execution of all activities and supporting a patron-centric culture.
- Supervise Concert staff and other vendors as needed.
- Work with Development, School and Community Outreach Departments to leverage connections with artists to create value add propositions for the organization as a whole.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to maximize impact of materials and messaging
- Provide reports to the Board of Directors regarding Concert Department strategies, tactics and the achievement of goals;
- Attend all outdoor shows and ensure talent settlement payments;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- High level of leadership and fiscal management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to navigate complex relationships, anticipating where challenges may arise and addressing them proactively
- Proficient with booking tools such as Celebrity Access and Pollstar
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and/or related software.
- Comfortable utilizing remote meeting & video conferencing technology such as Zoom.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience as a talent buyer and/or concert director (2,300 seat venue capacity) and three years related senior management experience.
- Successful track record in booking and executing concerts.
- This position requires walking, stooping, bending, reaching, and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This position also requires hearing to accurately understand information at normal spoken word levels in a potentially loud environment and visual observation for reviewing, checking, preparing, and maintaining written and computer files.
- Manual dexterity to operate standard office, data entry, and other related facility and production equipment is required.
Swallow Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In
addition to federal law requirements, Swallow Hill complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
80,000-100,000 Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation and Sick Leave
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online