Supe TroopBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Supe Troop is seeking a full-time Music Coordinator who is highly motivated, reliable, organized, thorough, personable, and creative for immediate hire. Supe Troop works on a wide variety of content in many formats but currently mostly in film/tv.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with proven time management skills, who is able to multitask, work to a deadline, and is eager to implement and/or learn systems to ensure proper and complete management of a heavy volume of documents and correspondence related to music for media in an often fast-paced environment. The candidate will also need to communicate with external parties on a variety of projects and exercise good judgment. The candidate must excel in forward and holistic thinking to constantly consider both the 'big picture' and small details on every project.
The job is currently partly remote but will become full-time physically in our Beverly Hills office soon, pending COVID developments. Proof of COVID vaccination required and must adhere to company safety protocols. Would prefer previous music clearance/licensing experience, but job onboarding will also include training.
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks across multiple projects while maintaining focus as needed
• Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly organized and extreme attention to detail
• Adept at learning new software and web-based tools
- Thorough research skills
• Creating and updating various tracking documents for general and project specific information, mostly using Supe Troop templates
• Communicating with and maintaining relationships with licensor contacts, producers, post supervisors, music editors, occasionally composers, agents, directors, and editors, and other music and media production personnel
• Reviewing and discussing music alternates in line with budget and creative direction
• Clearing music for visual media, including budgeting, drafting quote requests, reviewing and negotiating quotes, discussing and implementing strategies regarding union re-use fees, and tracking clearance statuses
- Forming and discussing opinions on music, musical artists, and scripts
• Filing and tracking documents and correspondence relating to clearances, licenses, payments, project requirements and details, templates, original songs and score, interns, research, and reference materials
• Researching ownership information, artists, composers, public domain compositions, music copyright law
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating licenses
• Staying up-to-date on film/ music/ film music industry news
• Social media posting and engagement
• Managing interns, including tracking and delegating tasks and overseeing intern-specific projects.
• Responsibilities fluctuate as projects may need, so the candidate must be flexible and ready to assist with a multitude of different tasks.
Salary is $40k-$45k annually, depending on experience. Benefits available include medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending/dependent care accounts, and 401(k).
Interviews will be via telephone and Zoom. Job itself will be mandatorily in-office eventually; currently partly in-office and can be partly-remote. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online