Sunshine SachsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
So, what are we looking for?
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager in our New York office. This role is for someone with an interest in and proven success in the healthcare sector. You have a strong background in media relations and a clear understanding of the complexities of healthcare systems. Account Managers at Sunshine Sachs are smart communicators who excel at managing client account teams. They understand integrated communications and have experience working across additional areas of PR. Our Account Managers take ownership of the teams they lead and take the time to teach junior associates. Do terms like, ''value-based care metrics'' and ''pharmacy benefit managers'' make your heart skip a beat? If so, you're it for us!
• Develop and execute detailed strategies aimed at achieving client goals
• Participating in new business processes and using data, analytics and competitive research to inform strategic proposals
• Serving as primary point of contact for clients
• Strategic problem solving for teams and clients
• Demonstrating excellent judgment and discretion in difficult client and staff situations
• Appropriately identifying and flag client concerns
• Securing impactful press placements and thinking outside the box to create media moments
• Developing and executing strategic media plans
• Proactively mentoring/managing junior team members on client account teams
• Providing thoughtful and constructive feedback for team members' annual reviews
• Taking ownership and responsibility for success of teams and projects you manage
You should apply if:
• You have at least 6 years of public relations experience, with a focus on healthcare including payers and provider networks.
• You understand how all areas of PR (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration) work together as part of a complete strategy
• You can speak to the complexities of healthcare systems the issues they face
• You know how to ''create news'' for clients to produce media moments
• You have established relationships with media across a variety of verticals and can leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities
• You understand state and federal health policies as they relate to insurance and HIPAA regulations
• You have experience working across additional areas of PR (social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• 1-2 years of direct oversight of client account teams and experience with high level client interaction or 1-2 years of internal management of communication efforts for a hospital, nursing home, or nonprofit that delivers health services.
• You have relationships with healthcare reporters and connections within the media industry
• You manage up and down effectively and efficiently and can deliver constructive feedback to team members in a respectful and effective way
• You are positive, proactive and solutions-oriented
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool - -
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• You have an interest in progressive causes and campaigns
• You are aware of new health economic tools being developed in relation to healthcare coverage for purchasers and providers.
• If you have skin in the game. You're incredibly passionate about this and believe that you can make a difference with your work.
We're proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client's story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us - from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University - ask us about it!
Why should you join us?
Every Sunshiner has a say, from brainstorming pitch ideas to leading client relationships, from participating to business development, from welcome emails to all-staff presentations - your voice matters to us. We encourage curiosity, especially when it's joined with initiative! Our clients are important (of course they are!), but more important are our team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online