Account Manager Lifestyle
Sunshine SachsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Account Manager Lifestyle jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Account Manager Lifestyle postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Account Manager Lifestyle? We're proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client's story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us - from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University - ask us about it!
So, what are we looking for?
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager in our Los Angeles Office. This is a role for someone who is willing to learn new industries yet has an avid interest in the luxury lifestyle categories of travel, hospitality, culture, design, fashion, and real estate. You're someone who keeps up with what's hot and new when it comes to openings, emerging neighborhoods, travel destinations, and retail products. You geek out on what drives consumer behavior and what's trending in the world of business. You can spit out some up-and-coming brands that you'd love to create buzzy partnerships with. Do you stay up-to-date on pop culture and the latest lifestyle trends? You're it for us!
• Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
• Developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Creating, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 - 6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients - media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You should apply if:
• You have at least 6 years of experience in securing impactful press placements, developing and executing strategic media plans, thinking outside the box to create media moments and mentoring junior staff.
• You've managed a client team with direct oversight for at least 1 year.
• You understand almost all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer - persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have great judgment and can make ''the call'' as needed.
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized and detail oriented. You can excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary - our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool - ?
• You are flexible and can work with multiple teams across various offices and time zones
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• National media experience and have represented clients in other major U.S. and international markets
• Experience representing hotels, travel destinations, major consumer retail brands and real estate (commercial and/or residential)
• A track record of success in consumer public relations account management - a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets would be incredibly helpful!
• Previous experience using media research tools like Cision
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and events on our LA rooftop deck, to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we're proud of the culture we've created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.