Senior Manager, Social Media
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/14/2022 9:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Senior Manager, Social Media jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Social Media postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Social Media directs and oversees the Institute's social media channels, expressing the Institute's brand and programs to build engagement, increase impassioned and excited followers, and drive revenue. Our social channels are central to the expression of our work and values.
Working closely under the direction of the Creative Director, the Senior Manager, Social Media integrates and builds social media campaigns and strategies that align with overall marketing and Institute-wide goals. This full-time position is based out of Los Angeles, CA, with ample opportunities to work remotely. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, at key points throughout the year will be required to hit deadlines. This role may also be required to travel to other Institute offices and events, including the annual Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Overseeing the development and implementation of high-level social media strategies to grow the Institute's audience, maintain and deepen engagement, tell our brand story and drive revenue across all of our social channels.
• Developing corporate partner social media standards and strategies, including overseeing the Festival mobile push messaging strategy and advising on mobile app content and structure to ensure optimized user experience.
• Partnering with other leaders within the Marketing and Communications team to develop holistic integrated campaigns across all marketing channels.
• Partnering with the content, press, and editorial teams to conceptualize as well as distribute original editorial, photo, graphic, and video content across online channels to drive engagement.
• Overseeing and running onsite live event social media coverage.
• Creating compelling visual content and caption copy for social media channels to drive increased engagement.
• Managing year-round and seasonal employees, including selecting and training highly effective employees, providing direction, communication, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, while delegating appropriate and meaningful work.
• Ensuring that all content utilized adheres to brand and editorial guidelines.
• Consistently tracking social metrics and optimizing, evolving plans as necessary.
• Reporting analytics and metrics regularly to provide insight on performance as well as social sentiment, developing strategies in response.
• Overseeing and tracking the social media annual operating budget.
• Developing a paid advertising plan for social channels and managing the ad budget in partnership with others in the Marketing Department.
• Establishing and managing relationships with social media agencies to develop strategies and campaigns that meet specific goals.
• Building relationships and looking for partnership opportunities with social media platforms to ensure the Institute's social media strategies maximize industry developments as well as audience development.
• Identifying opportunities for artists, key partners, and members of the Sundance Leadership team, to leverage their own social channels to amplify our Institute efforts.
• Developing social listening strategy and identifying tools to execute and manage the process.
• Collaborating closely with the Communications team to build out strategies and executions for Sundance Film Festival communications and year-round Institute messaging, including community outreach.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 5 years experience developing and executing social media strategies across a variety of platforms and tools.
• A strong portfolio of past social work demonstrating its impact and reach.
• Experience covering live events on social media.
• Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated experience managing others.
• Strong command of the English language with excellent copywriting skills.
• Mobile phone photography and video skills.
• Ability to post and use File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Cloud, and Dropbox.
• Ability to be self-directed, multi-task oriented, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Experience with video production, graphic design skills and art direction experience preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Lead with strong strategies and big ideas and make our processes serve them.
• Are highly collaborative and communicative within your social team, the Marketing team and with other departments within the Sundance Institute.
• Creatively develop strategies, building off of best practices while looking for ways to push beyond the norm.
• Keep a close eye on schedules and workloads and develop methods to manage sudden influxes.
• Mentor team members, giving them glimpses of the inner workings and providing opportunities for them to try new things.
• Bring fun and creativity in your overall approach to the work.
In addition to an annual salary of $78,200-90,000*, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
*Location and experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.