Senior Manager, Membership & Community Development
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 8/24/2021 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Senior Manager, Membership & Community Development jobs in Remote-US
Search all Senior Manager, Membership & Community Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Membership & Community Development?
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Membership and Community Development is charged with overseeing growth of paid memberships and community engagement across Sundance Collab, an online platform for creators around the globe. This is a critical role responsible for furthering Collab's sustainability through paid membership, building and maintaining relationships, fostering community spirit, and managing engagement and interactivity.
Reporting to the Product Lead, Collab, the Senior Manager will grow global community programs and interactivity both synchronously and asynchronously, across our site, events, and courses. This position will work with the product and marketing teams to help build and promote artist support, meaningful engagement with each other, and collaborative learning opportunities.
This full-time position works remotely, and may be required to work extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends at key points throughout the year. Travel to other Institute events and offices may also be required.
Top priorities include, but are not limited to...
• Coming up with ideas for and executing new membership programs, events, and benefits (such as Office Hours and Writing Groups) to increase Collab's membership.
• Overseeing and developing new features for the whole Collab community to engage current members and attract new members.
• Managing digital community initiatives on a day-to-day basis to make sure that they are running smoothly.
• Conducting ongoing research with the community to gain a clear knowledge of community members' needs and goals.
• Measuring the Institutional and relationship impact of community programs, tying success to key metrics.
• Overseeing the Collab Community Leader Advisory Board.
• Overseeing the Community Manager and providing assurance that all artist communications meet the standards of the Institute.
• Managing year-round staff, including training highly effective team members, mentoring staff for growth, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• With the Community Manager, overseeing the onboarding of artists and advisors in residence.
• Identifying when a strategy is not working and providing feedback to the Collab Product Owner and Senior Founding Director, Artist Programs, while bringing new ideas to the table.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 5 years managing and developing online community programs and membership.
• Experience with artist communities online, with deep expertise in where artists go and why.
• Experience with market and user research to aid in better comprehension of current community needs.
• Experience with measurement and analytics, and the ability to effectively communicate and visualize data.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to be clear and effective as the voice of the program.
• Highly reactive skills to provide quick and clear support.
• Comfortability with a high level of change to easily shift directions and adopt new strategies.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Highest levels of integrity.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Double membership by the end of the fiscal year.
• Successfully launch new Creator member offerings.
• Survey the community and continually update understanding of members.
• Develop key metrics that indicate the success of events.
In addition to a competitive annual salary, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers