Senior Manager, Institutional Giving
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2021 4:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Senior Manager, Institutional Giving jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Institutional Giving postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Institutional Giving? POSITION OVERVIEW
A member of the Institute's Institutional Giving team, the Senior Manager will play an integral role in telling the story of our organization by developing effective fundraising materials, including concept notes and proposals, project budgets, and narrative and financial reports for a wide range of foundations and government agencies within the Institutional Giving team's portfolio. In keeping with the diverse range of issue areas the Institute addresses with the support of our donors, this position will have the opportunity to describe our work through a variety of frameworks including arts and culture, equity and inclusion, social and racial justice, science, environment, economic development, and more. The role has one direct report.
Working closely under the direction of the Director, Institutional Giving, the Senior Manager manages a portfolio of foundation and government funding sources who support Sundance Institute's commitment to attracting, retaining and engaging mission and values aligned organizations to support our work through financial contributions and otherwise. This position works extended hours including evenings and weekends at key points throughout the year. Occasional travel to Institute offices and events will be required.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
Grant Proposals and Funding Requests
• Overseeing the research, development, and submission of grant proposals, funding requests, and applications to foundations and government agencies, including case statements, narratives, budgets, and supplemental materials.
• Overseeing all grant reporting activities, including the preparation of narrative and financial reports, invoices, program documentation, and media coverage.
• Overseeing the grant contracting process for all incoming awards, including reviewing contract terms, tracking the contract pipeline, and filing executed agreements in compliance with Finance and Legal Department requirements.
• Collaborating with programmatic and administrative staff to ensure organizational compliance with all active grant contracts, including crediting, deliverables, and reporting.
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation
• Collaborating closely with the Director to develop and execute effective strategies for donor stewardship, and to identify, cultivate, and secure funding from prospective donors.
• Serving as the Institutional Giving representative in the cultivation and stewardship of Utah government partnerships to support a total annual government fundraising goal of approximately $2M alongside the Managing Director and Director, Utah Government Relations.
• Cultivating relationships with foundations to create a portfolio of funders in support of the Institute's mission and maximize revenue toward the Institutional Giving team's annual fundraising goals.
• Managing a year-round staff member, including selecting and training highly effective individuals, delegating appropriate and meaningful work while providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• 5 years of experience in institutional fundraising, with an emphasis on grant writing and reporting, donor relations, and proposal development.
• Proven knowledge of foundation and government granting regulations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior writing skills and the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with staff at multiple levels.
• Solid organizational skills, including the ability to work productively and accurately.
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
• Passion for Sundance Institute's mission.
• Knowledge of NetSuite, Raiser's Edge or another fundraising database preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience and office location. The Sundance Institute also offers awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Over 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.