Senior Manager, Guest Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/28/2022 8:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Senior Manager, Guest Operations jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Senior Manager, Guest Operations postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Guest Operations is charged with leading the air, ground, and lodging experience for designated guests of residency labs, workshops, and other program activities, including the Sundance Film Festival. The guest experience travel protocols will also be extended to year-round employees, as well as seasonal staff and volunteers during such program activities as the Sundance Film Festival and Labs when applicable. This position oversees two direct reports.
Working closely under the Associate Director, Program and Guest Operations, the Senior Manager will lead and supervise the structure, inventory, budget tracking, and execution process around Institute travel logistics.
This full time position is based out of our Park City, UT office in order to work onsite throughout the year. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. Additionally, this position may be lodged offsite for extended periods of time at key points throughout the year, including but not limited to the annual Sundance Film Festival (''Festival'') and Sundance Resort Labs. Travel to other Institute offices and events may also be required.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Leading a team to execute all air travel, ground transportation, and lodging accommodations for designated guests and staff, and managing food and beverage considerations as needed.
• Preparing and maintaining the Budget for all aspects of all air travel, ground transportation, and lodging accommodations for designated guests and staff, and managing food and beverage considerations as needed.
• Overseeing all external partner relationships pertaining to air travel, ground transportation, and lodging accommodations for the Institute, including for the Festival and Labs.
• Developing and enforcing all policies and procedures related to travel and lodging logistics to ensure consistency across programs, employees, and guests to budget accurately, track expenses, and ensure adherence.
• Overseeing the process and onsite execution of guest check-in when needed.
• Providing guidance to the Manager, Guest Operations and Coordinator, Guest Operations to ensure databases are updated with accurate information for historical or analytics tracking, including meal and lodging numbers, participant attendance, and demographics analysis.
• Overseeing the management of the Visa account and bills, auditing projected expenses, management of petty cash, and administration of stipends and honorariums to ensure adherence with procedures as outlined by the Finance Department.
• Ideating and implementing strategy for the structure of and execution process around travel and lodging logistics, including inventory management and budget tracking.
• Creating departmental policies and procedural documents, manuals, handouts, and emails.
• Managing employees and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective staff, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure they understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Representing the Institute at local association or business organizations meetings, such as the Park City Lodging Association.
• Managing the completion of additional project based assignments in support of the Operations team as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and ability to pass our internal DMV approval process.
• 5 years experience in event operations, logistics, or related.
• At least 2 years direct experience with lodging.
• Experience managing large scale budgets ($2MM or more), and meeting budget constraints.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff, external vendors, and a wide variety of people.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to move, lift, and carry items up to 50 lbs. and to stand and walk for extended periods of time (12 hours).
• Experience with contract negotiation and the hospitality or tourism industry preferred.
• Past experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) databases preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Meet annual deadlines based on program schedule specific to air and ground transportation across Labs and the Sundance Film Festival.
• Manage details while keeping sight of the big picture.
• Manage and meet all air travel, ground transportation, and lodging accommodations budgets in collaboration with the Financial Planning and Analysis team
• Build and sustain productive working relationships and successfully collaborate across departments and with external stakeholders to meet deadlines and goals.
• Anticipate issues that may arise as it pertains to the operations and logistics of a program and can successfully problem solve.
• Are flexible to adapt to change in plans to reassess competing priorities.
• Enjoy executing behind the scenes.
In addition to an annual salary of $54,000.00 to $68,300.00*, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
*Location and experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.