Seasonal Manager, Marketing
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Manager, Marketing is charged with managing the successful execution of marketing strategies and plans for the Sundance Institute and its programs.
Working closely under the Associate Director, Marketing, the Manager oversees marketing support for Sundance Film Festival and Sundance Institute programs, leading development and execution of marketing strategies and plans for Festival email, private events, volunteers, Corporate Sponsor Summit, awards, and for year-round artist programs, open access events (online or in-person), and institutional giving.
This role is expected to work full time from May 3, 2021 through August 31, 2021 and will be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, at key points as needed. Sundance Institute currently has offices in Los Angeles, Park City, and New York City and salary will vary depending on location, with a preference given to Utah-based candidates. All staff are currently working remotely through the duration of the pandemic.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Leading email marketing strategy, overseeing development and execution of all email marketing program initiatives, both year-round and Festival-related.
• Serving as marketing point of contact for projects that include multiple components of web, email, and design.
• Serving as the Annual Report marketing lead, responsible for timeline creation and management of the FY21 annual report, working with editorial and design teams on the content outline and report template, and facilitating stakeholder reviews and approvals.
• Overseeing the work of the year-round Marketing Coordinator, who project manages the above initiatives.
• Developing and applying clear, responsive processes in order to best execute marketing plans.
• Monitoring activities of each project team to ensure work is progressing according to plan.
• Conducting ongoing relationship building with marketing vendors, official providers, etc. to ensure timely communication, professional and good working relationships.
• Overseeing outgoing materials to ensure content aligns with brand voice, style, target audience, and business objectives.
• Collecting and analyzing metrics and assists with creating marketing analytics reports.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 4 years of experience developing and implementing strategic marketing plans.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business management, related, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience analyzing data and making strategy recommendations.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing employees.
• Strong project management skills, including working efficiently cross-functionally and across levels of management.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of Google Docs, Monday.com (or similar project management software), and other related project management communication tools preferred.
• Mailchimp, Active Campaign, Google Analytics, Google Ads, UX/UI knowledge preferred.
• Proven experience managing budgets a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Deliver your projects on time and with excellence in execution.
• Effectively manage and motivate the project teams you are leading, rallying the team around a clear vision and common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Bring expertise in email marketing, implement best practices and execute successful email campaigns.
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to adapting marketing plans and strategies to keep projects on course.
In addition to a competitive weekly pay, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Limited employee assistance program