Seasonal Graphic Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Graphic Designer is charged with coordinating graphic design tasks, refining projects and drafts, and designing graphic materials of the highest quality across creative assets for all Sundance Institute programs, including print and digital media.
Working closely under the Creative Director, the Graphic Designer helps to ensure the graphic assets across all print and digital platforms promote the vision of Sundance Institute and its programs, including the Sundance Film Festival.
This full-time, temporary position will be based out of the Park City, Utah office from Monday, July 18, 2022 through Friday, October 21, 2022 with regular opportunities for remote work. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required at key points throughout the year to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Creating design work for all Sundance Institute programs and initiatives including the Sundance Film Festival.
• Creating media rich and appealing graphics for a variety of Marketing materials, including print and digital ads, social assets, environmental graphics, signage, merchandise design, special event branding and invitations, video tags, email templates, and digital presentations.
• Partnering with the Accessibility team as needed to ensure design work meets accessibility standards as needed.
• Reviewing graphics created and used by outside vendors, partners, and outlets to ensure they are applied appropriately.
• Conducting venue site visits as part of planning for installation of environmental graphics to ensure quality.
• Conducting press checks with printers to provide feedback and ensure the output meets our standards.
• Assisting with designing additional materials as requested.
• Creating designs adhering to department schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
• Providing graphic assets to outside vendors, partners, and outlets, on an as-needed basis.
• Collaborating with the various departments to determine and deliver on graphic needs.
• Organizing, filing, and archiving all artwork files.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2-3 years of experience in graphic design.
• Experience creating graphic assets for digital platforms, and video and motion design.
• Ability to quickly create a variety of initial design concepts and refine them into final designs.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and familiarity with other emerging technologies such as Canva.com.
• Knowledgeable in printing production methods, fabrication, and installation.
• A graphic design portfolio that demonstrates creativity and versatility of skills.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Excel, and Google Applications.
• Light photo retouching skills preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Produce graphics that align to Marketing and Communications goals and convey the spirit, concept, and nature of the Festival as well as the mission of the Institute.
• Work effectively with internal and external constituents to produce visuals.
• Communicate effectively, presenting your designs and understanding and incorporating feedback to refine the work.
• Demonstrate a strong foundation in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Recognize problems and inefficiencies, but also to propose solutions and improvements
In addition to an hourly pay of $22.60, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Employee assistance program