Seasonal Festival Receptionist
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Receptionist is charged with serving as the first point of contact for incoming phone calls to the Sundance Institute and it's three office locations in Los Angeles, New York City, and Park City.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Office Administration, the Festival Receptionist supports Sundance Institute's commitment to creating a successful and positive experience for all with whom we interact.
This temporary, full-time role will work from Monday, November 29, 2021 through Thursday, February 17, 2022. This position is based on a hybrid work model, which will entail working out of our Park City, Utah office a few days a week and remotely for the remaining days. In addition, this role works extended hours, including evenings and weekends, during the Sundance Film Festival and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Welcoming, greeting, and assisting all visitors (customers, clients, vendors, employees, and other guests) when working out of the office, and answering and routing all incoming calls to the Institute lines quickly and efficiently.
• Maintaining an organized office environment by keeping the reception area, kitchens, office supply closets, mail rooms, restrooms, and conference rooms stocked, neat, clean and inviting throughout the day.
• Opening the office at the beginning of the work day and securing the office at the end of the work day, including stocking restrooms, ensuring lights and other electronics are turned off.
• Supporting our employee/visitor attendance hot-desk software.
• Administering employee keycards and parking passes as needed.
• Overseeing the Conference Room schedule via Google calendar.
• Staying up to date on Institute general information, programs, submission timelines, deadlines, and application details.
• Retrieving messages from general voice and email boxes and distributing or answering as appropriate.
• Assisting staff with projects from the front desk, such as mailings, creating packets, research, etc.
• Assisting Office Manager in planning and coordinating office-wide events and activities as assigned, including office parties and other gatherings and events as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1 year administrative support experience in an office environment or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Strong customer support skills.
• Basic proficiency in Google Suites, Excel, and Word.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule and strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording, tracking, and issuing information, etc
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Communicate effectively and accurately in person, over the phone, and in writing.
• Integrate with Sundance Institute software and effectively troubleshoot basic issues that arise.
• Become a dependable and consistent colleague.
• Balance multiple responsibilities effectively to fulfill the needs of the role.
• Strategically plan to maintain an organized office environment.
In addition to an hourly pay of $16.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program