Seasonal Festival Publicist, New Frontier
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Publicist, New Frontier jobs in Remote-US
Search all Seasonal Festival Publicist, New Frontier postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Publicist, New Frontier is charged with managing relationships with publicity and artist teams for the New Frontier exhibition being showcased as part of the Sundance Film Festival. The position will collaborate with tech, film, and entertainment media outlets to pursue media coverage and proactively pitch media to garner coverage of the program.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Communications and Publicity, the Publicist, New Frontier supports Sundance Institute's commitment to artists and is part of furthering awareness, relevance, and impact of our mission.
This full-time, temporary position works remotely from Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Tuesday, February 1, 2022. Additionally this position will be required to travel to and be lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival. The position is also required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Proactively pitching journalists for coverage around assigned Festival categories including providing information, interviews, and other resources and receiving and routing inbound requests from media.
• Liaising with publicity, film, and artist teams to compile publicity information, maintain the Festival database, and share with other departments as needed.
• Drafting media materials for the department as directed.
• Tracking media coverage of assigned projects.
• Organizing and managing press on-site participation at assigned events and running remote press previews for the New Frontier section.
• Securing materials needed to publicize the works.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in public relations, media relations, or special event publicity.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Experience with large event public relations (PR) and knowledge of film and the film industry preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Demonstrate an attentiveness to detail in your daily work.
• Successfully research media contacts and handle outreach.
• Exhibit an interest in and have a knowledge of technology and storytelling.
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask, and seamlessly manage priorities with strict time constraints.
• Exhibit the ability to maintain productivity, while working with minimal supervision.
• Effectively contribute to the overall success of the team through support and collaboration.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program