Seasonal Festival Publications Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
APPLYING TO SUNDANCE
We believe that individuals can spark new ideas that entertain, push creative boundaries, and ignite empathy and understanding that can ultimately lead to social change. We not only look for these attributes in the artists we support, but the extraordinary talent that we hire to bring our mission to life. With that, we encourage individuals from diverse and historically underrepresented communities, as well as those with unique and transferable skill-sets from various industries, to apply to join the Sundance community.
We are looking for a Festival Publications Designer who will be charged with designing the layout of Festival publications and producing digital and printed materials. The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge of print production methods and strong conceptual, typography, and visual communication skills. This position will work out of our Park City, Utah office from October 28, 2020, to February 3, 2021. May be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities for this position include, but aren't limited to:
• Builds two Festival film guides (on and off-screen), Festival catalog (approx. 300 pages), press and industry guide (approx. 20 pages), and the Directors Guide (8.5x11'' PDF doc.) utilizing layout templates.
• Formats all Festival program data using InDesign.
• Preps and delivers files and attends press checks with our print vendor in SLC.
• Assists in additional designed collateral as needed during the Festival.
• Organizes, files, and archives all artwork files.
• Maintains a high volume of edits from all departments.
• Completes a comprehensive wrap report for each of the projects and participate in team wrap conversations.
• Other duties as assigned.
You have the following direct or transferable skill-sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2-3 years of experience in designing publication layouts or related.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of best practices of typesetting, including using paragraph and character styles and automating tasks for laying out large bodies of content.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills, including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.00, this position comes with awesome perks, including:
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission-driven workplace and amazing co-workers