Seasonal Festival Manager
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2021 3:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager postings
Full Time Job
Seasonal Festival Manager, Artist Hideout
The Festival Manager, Artist Hideout is charged with operational planning, implementation, and management of The Artist Hideout, a Sundance Film Festival venue, as well as pre-planning of The Box at The Ray.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Production Operations, the Festival Manager, Artist Hideout supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling a successful and positive in person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from December 1, 2021 through Friday, February 11, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. This role will also be expected to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Communicating with landlords, internal stakeholders, and vendors to keep all constituents up-to-date on venue planning, programming schedules, and logistical needs.
• Overseeing the ordering, delivery, and return of all required equipment for the space by the set deadlines.
• Establishing a timeline and working with the Production Department to plan and conduct set-up and teardown.
• Directing of onsite set-up and teardown of the venue.
• Managing a coordinator to assist in both pre-Festival logistical needs and venue operations.
• Working with the Artist Relations team on filmmaker schedules, arrivals, Q&A times, and the flip of the Q&A spaces.
• Working with the Marketing on the installation and teardown of graphics for the venue, including window clings and signage.
• Working with the Volunteer Department to acquire adequate volunteer coverage for venue operations.
• Creating an entry plan that will include security and COVID protocols.
• Tracking projected and actual expenses to stay within budget and providing support to the Senior Manager on other aspects of budget and expenses as requested.
• Overseeing the Q&A rooms to make sure they are ready for filmmakers
• Work closely with Tech coordinator to ensure that the Q&A spaces are technically ready for the Q&A's
• Training volunteers and providing general supervision, creating schedules, and ensuring evaluations are completed post-Festival.
• Implementing a COVID safe sanitization plan for all high touch areas and Q&A spaces.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory, pre- and post-Festival.
• Managing venue deliveries, inventory, and returns.
• Performing walkthroughs pre- and post-Festival to ensure the venue is ready for its opening and is returned to original setup.
• Managing onsite operations throughout the Festival and ensuring timely resolutions to issues as they arise.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
• Working with the Corporate team and Tech Exhibitions to gather requirements for The Box panels.
• Building a timeline for The Box that will be used by The Box Associate Manager.
• Communicating all information gathered to The Box Associate Manager upon arrival.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills including the ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively help rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Remain organized to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.23, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program