Seasonal Festival Manager, Venue Operations
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2020 3:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Venue Operations jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Venue Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seasonal Festival Manager, Venue Operations? POSITION OVERVIEW
The Festival Manager, Venue Operations oversees the operational planning, implementation, and management of the Los Angeles Drive-in Sundance Film Festival Venue located at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. The ideal candidate has three years of experience related to operational planning and implementation. This position will start on Monday, December 14th 2020 and end on Thursday, February 4th, 2021.
Working closely under the Director, Real Estate and Venues: Strategy and Operations, the Manager will be critical in ensuring communication is consistent and accurate between internal and external stakeholders. This position works remotely in California and then onsite at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA during the Festival. Since this is an event based position, candidates will need to work flexible hours including, early mornings, late nights, weekends, and some holidays to meet deadlines.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Maintaining consistent and up-to-date information regarding planning and implementation with Park City based operation leads.
• Conducting ongoing communication and meetings with venue management, internal stakeholders, sponsors, and our production agency to keep all parties up-to-date on venue planning, programming schedules, installations, and logistical needs.
• Designing venue flow, signage, equipment, security, and evacuation plans working in conjunction with our production agency, Marketing, Events, and Corporate Advancement.
• Collaborating with external partners to create a timeline, daily schedules, and organize set-up, vendors, and tear down for Festival venues.
• Managing sponsorship activation with Acura working closely with Corporate Advancement, and outside partners such as our production agency and Rose Bowl staff.
• Procuring sponsor items and communicating logistical information with sponsors, such as shipping dates, building access, power availability, layout design, while working closely with our production agency.
• Writes a comprehensive wrap report as directed.
• Serving as the onsite point person to problem solve, troubleshoot issues, and find answers to questions as necessary.
• Facilitating any ticketing issues for all access passholders, and supporting other ticketing issues onsite as needed.
• Managing onsite operations throughout the Festival and ensuring timely resolutions to issues as they arise, may include musician setup, tracking attendance numbers, and managing onsite volunteers.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience in operational planning and implementation, or related.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, professional, and leadership skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Able to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Able to stand and walk for long durations 12 hours a day.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
If you have the qualifications and/or feel this is a position that you would enjoy and excel in, then send us a cover letter along with your resume. Please use your cover letter to give us a summary of an accomplishment in a similar role and why Sundance Institute would be your employer of choice! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.