Seasonal Festival Manager, Transportation
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Transportation is charged with managing the operations and logistics of all things related to transportation for the Sundance Film Festival. This position oversees five seasonal employees.
Working closely under the Director, Operations, the Manager supports Sundance Institute's commitment to introducing the work of independent artists to new audiences by ensuring transportation logistics for the annual Festival are a success.
This temporary position works full time from July 2021 through Friday, March 4, 2022 and may be required to be lodged onsite for the annual Sundance Film Festival. Extended hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends will be required at key points throughout the duration of its temporary employment. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a DMV background check is required. The ability to obtain a valid DOT physical card is also recommended.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Creating and or updating operations and logistic plans for the Festival.
• Managing timelines, procedures, and deadlines related to rental and sponsor vehicles, shuttles and buses, bookings, pickups, and returns.
• Managing the distribution of all gas pin cards, parking assignments, parking passes.
• Working with the Marketing team to create maps for publications or the internet.
• Reviewing and updating vehicle accident procedures and forms while working with our insurance broker.
• Writing and delivering a comprehensive wrap report before the conclusion of employment.
• Managing the budget for transportation including the monthly tracking of expenses, processing of invoices and managing in-kind agreements.
• Negotiating and managing all transportation contracts.
• Creating and maintaining transportation fleet fuel accounts.
State and Local Government
• Building relationships with Park City officials, vendors, and official providers.
• Developing traffic mitigation plans (loading zone, road closures etc.) while working closely with city officials and venue managers.
• Working with the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) on jurisdictions beyond Park City limits.
• Working with the parking lot vendor to ensure that they are staffed appropriately and provide issue resolution as necessary.
• Collaborating with internal departments to plan for and meet transportation needs.
• Ordering of transportation and vehicle equipment (signage, barricades, and supplies).
• Overseeing the distribution of all transportation signage as well as daily repositioning of the signage as needed.
• Creating and conducting transportation training for other departments as necessary.
• Reordering supplies that need to be replenished after the Festival has ended.
• Managing seasonal staff and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Providing operational assistance and support for other Institute programs, as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Ability to drive a 16' to 24' box truck (over 10,000 lbs) with lift gates, as needed.
• 3 years of experience in event transportation and logistics.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of a DMV background check and a valid DOT physical card or the ability to obtain one.
• Demonstrated experience managing and training staff.
• Experience managing a budget.
• Strong project management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs. chest high.
• Ability to drive a 4-wheel drive vehicle in winter road conditions.
• Knowledge of the Park City and Salt Lake City area is helpful.
• Knowledge of FileMaker Pro or other relational databases preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence, including the ability to problem solve within your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use project management skills and strong organizational skills to keep yourself and your team accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
• Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas that you are responsible for.
In addition to a competitive weekly pay, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program