Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 7/30/2021 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Operations jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Operations?
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Theater Operations position is an integral part of the Sundance Film Festival Operations team. This position is charged with managing the day to day operations for the Theatre Operations Department for the Sundance Film Festival. This includes managing and implementing all logistics, signage, equipment, and set and strike for Festival theaters. In addition, this role supports audience experience, ticketing, and access control planning and implementation. This position directly oversees 2 seasonal employees, and provides support supervising 7 additional seasonal staff as well as volunteers.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Production and Theater Operations, the Manager, Theater Operations supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, September 1, 2021 through Friday, March 4, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, this role may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be required to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays at key points \and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Creating and updating operational and logistical plans to manage theater operations, including, signage, equipment, audience issues, etc. during the annual Sundance Film Festival.
• Managing overarching timelines, adherence to procedures, and deadlines related to theater operations across multiple departments and stakeholders.
• Collaborating closely with the Volunteer Department to recruit and assign theater management teams, create and conduct volunteer trainings, and provide volunteer resolution as necessary.
• Managing seasonal staff and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles while delegating appropriate and meaningful work.
• Establishing training plans, creating content and conducting trainings in collaboration with other departments as necessary.
• Working with the Ticketing and Tech Services Departments to finalize ticketing, theater box office, scanning/access control plans, and implement at theaters.
• Scheduling and leading operational meetings to update and collaborate with internal departments to meet and confirm operational plans.
• Creating and implementing plans for improving the overall audience experience, including the overall look and feel of theater venues.
• Identifying logistical, personnel, and/or audience issues at theaters and providing quick resolution as needed.
• Conducting routine walk-throughs of theaters and attending meetings with venue owners leading up to and during the Festival.
• Collecting wrap reports from theater managers and Theater Operations Department staff and consolidating information to write an overall wrap report for internal review.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience in venue management and operations.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with an understanding of the implications their actions will have on the organization.
• Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and affect change by applying best practices.
• Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
• Ability to build strong relationships while working across the organization in order to drive results.
• Strong project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Products.
• Able to move, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence, including the ability to problem solve within your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use project management skills and strong organizational skills to keep yourself and your team accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
• Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas of responsibility.
In addition to an competitive weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program