Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Box Offices
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2021 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Box Offices jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Theater Box Offices postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Theater Box Offices is charged with driving the pre-Festival planning and implementation to successfully operate nine theater box offices spread out across 30-60 miles between Park City, Salt Lake City, and Provo Canyon at Sundance Resort. The position will have 31 direct reports to assist in facilitating theater box office operations (15 Supervisors and 16 Agents), in addition to directing volunteers and waitlist ticket sales.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Ticketing Operations, the Festival Manager, Theater Box Offices works full time out of our Park City office from Monday, December 13, 2021 through Friday, February 11, 2022 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs. A high level of mobility is also required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Maintaining timelines related to theater box offices (TBO), including tracking changes to the timeline and communicating updates to stakeholders.
• Updating and developing TBO training and quick reference manuals, and scheduling and conducting trainings for staff and volunteers to ensure comprehension of duties.
• Partnering with the Finance Department to develop and implement effective accounting practices and procedures.
• Scheduling and managing TBO volunteers, collaborating with the Volunteer Resources Department to ensure volunteer coverage for successful operations.
• Managing staff, including selecting and training highly effective staff, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities.
• Ordering and scheduling delivery of TBO equipment and working with Technology Services to schedule installation of internet connections at each venue and that materials and supplies are received, organized, and delivered by deadline.
• Managing onsite inventory and distribution of waitlist tickets, volunteer vouchers, and other vouchers.
• Partnering with Technology Services to ensure smooth scanning operations and patrons with ticket issues directed to our support staff.
• Ensuring timely and continuous onsite and remote support to all theater box offices.
• Supporting the online Festival platform, as directed.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and the successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation or related experience.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information, mitigate conflict, and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City is a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Problem-solve in real time with your staff and the Festival's patrons.
• Help patrons enjoy their experience by providing excellent customer support.
• Work well with the team and support your fellow employees and reports.
• Work both collaboratively and independently.
• Take initiative to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program