Seasonal Festival Manager, Production Services
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 7/30/2021 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Production Services jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Production Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seasonal Festival Manager, Production Services?
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Production Services is an integral part of the Sundance Film Festival Operations team. This position is charged with managing the services sector of the production department for the Sundance Film Festival and Institute fall Labs. This includes overseeing and implementing all logistics, deliveries, theater, venue, events and office set and strike. This position oversees 11 seasonal employees.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Production and Theater Operations, the Manager, Production Services supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, September 1, 2021 through Friday, March 4, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, the role may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be required to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and some holidays during key points. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Reviewing and implementing procedures to receive and execute production service related requests.
• Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating approximately 10 Production Assistants.
• Managing production assistant schedule based on department master timeline, service requests and deadlines.
• Managing dispatch and execution of all service requests for Production Assistant positions pre, during, and post Festival.
• Providing production support and logistical needs for fall and winter Labs at Sundance Resort as requested.
• Scheduling and conducting meetings with internal departments to plan for procurement, load-in/out, etc. of Festival venues, theatres, events, offices, etc.
• Maintaining consistent communication with stakeholders regarding production related deadlines, changes, and plans.
• Overseeing functionality and safety of the Space Place and Temple storage units, ensuring they are clean, organized, and safe.
• Providing direction to the team and overseeing the load-in/out of all theatres, venues, offices, etc.
• Performing continual check-ins with theaters, venues, and events throughout the Festival to ensure production needs are being met.
• Responding immediately to any production related safety issues or problems as they arise and ensuring proper and timely resolution.
• Managing pre and post Festival inventory for Institute owned items and equipment.
• Managing reconciliation of receipts, applying proper budget codes, and communicating outstanding invoice issues to the Manager, Production and Theater Operations.
• Meeting with Festival departments post Festival to review and gather wrap information.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
• Completing project-based assignments as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience in managing large scale event production.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Ability to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
• Basic carpentry and painting skills preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence, including the ability to problem solve within your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use project management skills and strong organizational skills to keep yourself and your team accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
• Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas of responsibility.
In addition to an competitive weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program