Seasonal Festival Manager, Health Safety Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Health Safety Operations is charged with overseeing all elements related to health safety, specifically policy related to COVID-19, for the 2022 Sundance Film Festival (SFF22).
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Safety and Accessibility and Senior Manager, Production Operations, the Festival Manager, Health Safety Operations supports Sundance Institute's commitment to ensuring a safe Festival experience for all artists, audiences, partners, staff, and volunteers.
This temporary position works full time out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, September 1, 2021 through Friday, February 11, 2022 and is required to be based in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area in order to work onsite and extended hours, including evenings and weekends leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Overseeing the process for all Health Safety policy, including creating and distributing of SFF22 health safety policy and procedures.
• Meeting with internal departments to discuss SFF22 health safety elements.
• Building and implementing all health safety training materials for internal staff and volunteers.
• Updating and distributing existing Minimum Acceptance Plan (MAP) as needed.
• Communicating with official partners on SFF22 policy and protocol.
• Serving as a representative for the Health Safety Committee.
• Managing all internal inquiries pertaining to COVID-19 protocols.
• Managing relationship with the COVID-19 consultant.
• Setting up meetings with Health Safety Committee stakeholders.
• Creating agendas for all meetings based on the lastest COVID-19 information.
• Managing the project plan to make sure the committee stays on task and meets deadlines.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
• Completing project-based assignments as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of experience in a related field.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work alongside team members and key stakeholders.
• Experience leading a team or projects through to completion.
• Experience in work around public health and/or COVID-19 highly recommended.
• Understanding of and experience in large scale events is highly recommended.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Build and implement clear and effective policy around health safety for the in-person components of the 2022 Festival.
• Successfully manage your time and prioritize tasks to ensure projects and deadlines are met.
• Consistently have effective, clear, and concise communication with internal staff, official partners, committee members, and stakeholders.
• Build and sustain good working relationships with consultants, key stakeholders, and committee members.
In addition to an competitive weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program