Seasonal Festival Manager, Editing
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2021 2:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Editing jobs in Remote-US
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Editing postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Editing, is charged with upholding the editorial integrity of various print and digital publications for the Sundance Film Festival. This position trains and oversees at least two seasonal employees.
Working closely under the Editorial Manager, the Festival Manager, Editing, works remotely from Monday, October 4, 2021 through Sunday, January 30, 2022. This full-time, temporary position will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Guiding the editing, fact-checking, and proofreading of the Festival catalog, website content, and additional publications.
• Supervising at least two editors, including assigning tasks, managing workloads, and tracking deadlines, and providing training on in-house style.
• Making on-the-spot style decisions and assisting in updating the style guide.
• Reviewing and approving the editor's work; providing honest, direct feedback; and resolving conflicting ideas with the editors, writers, and other stakeholders.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of editing experience.
• Advanced knowledge of writing, grammar, usage, spelling, and The Associated Press Stylebook - including the ability to train others (qualified candidates will be invited to take an editing test).
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Drive.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Outstanding communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people, including the ability to negotiate editorial calls in a tactful manner and respond gracefully to suggestions and feedback from the editor, writers, and other stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills, including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Identify mistakes both big and small.
• Showcase your eye for detail and accuracy in your work.
• Demonstrate confidence in making decisions under tight deadlines.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program