Seasonal Festival Liaison, Public Relations
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Liaison, Public Relations jobs in Remote-US
Search all Seasonal Festival Liaison, Public Relations postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Liaison, Public Relations is charged with managing publicity and artist team relationships for films, events, artists, and Institute programs being showcased at the Sundance Film Festival, working with a selection of assigned media outlets to pursue media coverage and proactively reaching out to media to garner coverage of the Festival curated programs.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Communications and Publicity, the Festival Liaison supports Sundance Institute's commitment to artists and is part of furthering awareness, relevance, and impact of our mission.
The full-time, temporary position will work remotely from Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Tuesday, February 1, 2022. Additionally this role will be required to travel to and be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival. The position is also required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Liaising with publicity, film, and artist teams to compile publicity information, maintain the Festival database, and share with other departments as needed.
• Drafting media materials.
• Proactively pitching journalists for coverage around assigned Festival categories and niches including providing information, interviews, and other resources and receiving and routing inbound requests from media.
• Tracking media coverage of assigned films and artists.
• Organizing and managing press on-site participation at assigned events
• Securing materials needed to publicize assigned films and events.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in public relations, media relations, or special event publicity.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Experience with large event PR and knowledge of film and the film industry preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Demonstrate an attentiveness to detail in your daily work with a focus on results.
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask, and seamlessly manage priorities with strict time constraints.
• Exhibit the ability to maintain productivity, while working with minimal supervision.
• Effectively contribute to the overall success of the team through support and collaboration.
• Successfully demonstrate the ability to research and pitch media.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program