Seasonal Festival Lead, Production
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Lead, Production is an integral part of the Sundance Film Festival Operations team. This position is charged with executing the services sector of the production department for the Sundance Film Festival and Institute fall Labs. This includes executing and implementing all logistics, deliveries, theater, venue, events, and office set-up and strike.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Production and Theater Operations and the Manager, Production Services, the Festival Lead, Production supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Friday, March 4, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, the role may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be required to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and some holidays during key points to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Supporting Manager, Production-Services in supervising and directing a team of 11 Production Assistants to execute all service related requests.
• Running errands, performing purchases, and distributing materials, supplies, food, and equipment throughout Park City, Salt Lake City, and other locations.
• Executing load-ins and load-outs and set-up and teardowns of Festival venues, theaters, events, and offices.
• Helping to plan and manage inventorying, cleaning, and organizing storage units, and equipment.
• Completing and maintaining accurate storage unit tasks and inventory sheets.
• Tracking all receipts, petty cash, and change and ensuring cash and receipts are returned daily.
• Carefully and correctly using and returning department radios, cell phones, and accessories.
• Helping manage and execute all needed light construction projects.
• Installing and removing interior and exterior Festival signage and environmental graphics as needed.
• Addressing and resolving operational issues as they arise and escalates issues to the Operation team managers as necessary.
• Managing the fleet of production vehicles, including maintenance, cleaning, and refueling.
• Driving 16' to 24' box trucks (over 10,000 lbs) with lift gates.
• Assisting with returning vehicles, performing daily propane refueling runs, and snow removal.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in working large scale event production.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
• Basic carpentry and painting skills preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Help rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program