Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Technical Production
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment dates: We have 2 positions.
- One of them starts on Monday, November 18, 2019, through Friday, February 21, 2020.
- The second one starts from Thursday, January 2, 2020, through Friday, February 7, 2020.
Pay rate: $15.75 per hour.
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates technical production logistics for the Sundance Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the production team's technical production needs for the Sundance Film Festival.
• Documents build outs and installations with photos, drawings, notes, etc.
• Creates schedule and is onsite to build temporary venues based on outlined specifications.
• Assists with event production and logistics related to audio/video production, lighting, staging and live streaming from pre-production through execution.
• Coordinates with manager to manage event production budgets.
• Manages hardware inventory to support event.
• Communicates effectively with vendors, partners, company executives and a wide range of stakeholders i.e. timelines, deadlines, etc.
• Participates in final walkthroughs and inspections, with manager, and follow throughs to ensure build-out specifications are met and legal codes are in compliance.
• Updates and maintains master timeline document.
• Supports special projects for the team as needed.
• Travels to various theatres, venues, temporary structures to support onsite execution.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report, as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in an event production, operations, or related technical role.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, and weekends around key deadlines.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.