Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Publishing
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment dates: Monday, November 9, 2020, thru Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Pay rate: $16.24 per hour
Location: This position is located in Park City, Utah.
Considerations: Required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Coordinates the workflow of information for printed and digital Festival publications-including gathering information, getting approvals, entering information into the database, and ensuring accuracy in final publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gathers, traffics, and audits information for printed and digital publications of the Sundance Film Festival.
• Enters information into the database in accordance with detailed standards, communicates with stakeholders about updates in a timely manner, and assists with troubleshooting.
• Assists with proofreading, including ensuring that final publications match the database exactly.
• Assists with exporting reports from the database as needed.
• Works with publications manager, editing manager, and editor to assist with other tasks related to the publishing process.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1 year experience with databases, data entry, publications, proofreading, project management, or related.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes and perform tasks accurately.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience with copyediting, and/or familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style, The Associated Press Stylebook, or another style guide (qualified candidates may be invited to take an editing test).
• Working knowledge of databases and spreadsheets.
• Proficiency with Google Drive (especially Docs' Suggesting mode).
• Knowledge of HTML.