Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Programming Department
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2022 1:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Programming Department jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Programming Department postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Coordinator, Programming Department is charged with coordinating administrative duties and internal and external departmental communications to support the Festival Programming Department.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Programming Department, the Festival Coordinator, Programming Department is responsible for correspondence between the Programming Department and public applicants to the Sundance Film Festival, including providing technical support and answering general questions.
This temporary, full-time position is based out of our Los Angeles, CA office from Wednesday, July 20, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 with regular opportunities to work from home. This role is expected to work extended hours on occasion and must be available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Providing general administrative support to the Programming Department.
• Making and receiving filmmaker calls and other correspondence to assist through the submission process and with programming and submission questions.
• Fielding requests for Festival submission deadline extensions.
• Assisting with the preparation of data exports.
• Viewing and scoring Festival submissions throughout the selection process (features and shorts).
• Participating in programming meetings, as needed.
• Creating and maintaining a schedule for the Programming Office before and during the Festival to ensure the office is appropriately staffed during office hours.
• Assisting with the scheduling and assignment of Festival introductions and Q&As both before and during the Festival.
• Processing and organizing Sundance Film Festival submissions (14,000 ).
• Performing database entry within the submissions website and FileMaker Pro tracking database.
• Facilitating duplication and video conversion needs for the department and assisting with managing screeners throughout the Festival submissions process.
• Tracking the status of each applicant by labeling and organizing submissions, maintaining submissions library, duplication, project uploads, and following up with applicants regarding any issues that might arise with their applications.
• Assisting with the organization and distribution of all submissions as necessary.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years administrative experience or related.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, and weekends around key deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Experience working with project submissions and online video formats or platforms preferred.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Are highly organized, a good communicator, and able to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
• Ensure that submissions are tracked accurately with the website and department database.
• Provide seamless administrative support to the Programming Department.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Employee assistance program