Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Events Beverage and Partnerships Logistics
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Coordinator, Events Beverage and Partnerships Logistics is charged with managing logistical planning for event beverage needs for the Sundance Film Festival, managing logistics planning for Festival partners, and leading assigned logistics projects within Sundance Institute's internal operations group.
Working closely under the direction of Assistant Director, Corporate Partnerships and the Senior Manager, Events, the Festival Coordinator, Events and Partnerships Logistics is a full-time position based out of our Park City, Utah office with opportunities for remote work from Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Tuesday, February 11, 2022. Additionally, this role may be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Working with the Events Department leadership and event leads to review event beverage needs, allocations, and distribution plans from past festivals and adjust for the current year.
• Scheduling, communicating, and tracking the delivery of all beverage and point of sale items to and from all events, working closely with Festival Operations and Production Department.
• Serving as a resource for the Festival Operations team, communicating plans to implement Festival beverage needs and working with the Production Department to plan and prepare for shipments to the warehouse, ensuring all safety measures are implemented.
• Coordinating and finalizing alcohol orders, event, and liquor permits.
• Coordinating staff and volunteers to distribute sufficient stock and manage product supply.
• Overseeing inventory and ensuring organization within the storage space; including tracking and documenting beverage consumption for each event.
• Working closely with Festival Sponsors on representation, activations, and logistical needs.
• Working with events caterers on planning for beverage services at events - point of sales, training, recipe distribution, etc.
• Auditing expenses against projected and actual budgets to stay within allocations.
• Supporting the event team with various projects, including assisting with onsite event execution as assigned.
• Managing assigned volunteers and completing evaluations to provide feedback.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Serving as a lead logistics contact for the department, overseeing operational projects and deadlines to ensure supporter needs are represented.
• Coordinating receiving of sponsor shipments, including tracking, inventory, and maintenance once arrived at the warehouse.
• Liaising with the production team to distribute giveaways, publications and stored items and maintain precise tracking documents.
• Handling any assigned accounts, which includes benefit administration and logistics facilitating planning for Festival partners, as defined in their respective contracts, including enforcing ticketing policies and procedures, navigating digital platforms, and coordinating activations and event integrations.
• Compiling post-Festival materials, such as thank-yous, tax deduction statements, and wrap reports.
• Maintaining accurate and updated records in departmental databases and tracking documents.
• Supporting department operations, ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in beverage logistics, account management, relationship management, brand partnerships, events management, or related.
• Previous experience with live and digital events and products preferred.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule and maintain multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Strong customer support skills including the ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Take ownership of your accounts and projects, quickly become a team member that can be counted on.
• Bring your experiences in events and activation to this new hybrid landscape with digital and in-person elements.
• Have excellent rapport with external donors and internal stakeholders alike.
• In addition to a competitive hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program