Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Safety and Belonging
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Associate Manager, Safety and Belonging is charged with overseeing all elements related to operational safety and security for the 2022 Sundance Film Festival (SFF22).
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Safety and Accessibility, the Festival Associate Manager, Safety and Belonging supports Sundance Institute's commitment to providing a safe and inclusive Festival experience for all artists, audiences, partners, staff, and volunteers.
This temporary position works full time out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, November 15, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022 and is required to be based in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area in order to work onsite and extended hours, including evenings and weekends leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Managing relationships with law enforcement and other safety partners including owning schedules and communicating updates to stakeholders.
• Owning process of updating safety, emergency and evacuation plans for all Festival venues.
• Working with internal departments to ensure all security and safety needs are considered.
• Assisting Artist teams in communication and coordination with any artists or projects that have specific security needs.
• Assisting with building and communicating updated Community Agreement processes.
• Building and implementing safety and Community Agreement training materials for internal staff and volunteers.
• Assisting at any screenings or walkthroughs where safety elements have been implemented.
• Completing Safety and Belonging project-based assignments as directed.
• Writing a comprehensive wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• 3 years of administrative or related work experience.
• Conflict resolution skills with a background that includes handling stressful situations.
• Experience in venue or event safety or security operations preferred.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Implement and be able to clearly communicate operational elements related to Safety for the 2022 Festival.
• Successfully manage your time and prioritize tasks to ensure projects and deadlines are met.
• Consistently have effective, clear, and concise communication with internal staff, security vendors and additional stakeholders.
In addition to an competitive hourly pay of $22.60, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program