Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Filmmaker Lodge
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Filmmaker Lodge jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Filmmaker Lodge postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Filmmaker Lodge?
Full Time Job
The Festival Associate Manager, Filmmaker Lodge is charged with operational planning, implementation, and management of the Filmmaker Lodge, a Sundance Film Festival venue.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager Production Operations, the Festival Associate Manager, Filmmaker Lodge supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling a successful and positive in person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, October 18, 2021, through Friday, February 18, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. This role will be expected to work onsite and extended hours, including evenings and weekends leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Communicating with Elks Lodge Trustees, internal stakeholders, and vendors to keep all constituents up-to-date on venue planning, programming schedules, and logistical needs.
• Building out the venue space, including electrical, signage, equipment, security and evacuation plans, furniture, etc.
• Overseeing the ordering, delivery, and return of all required equipment, furniture, etc. for the space by the set deadlines.
• Establishing a timeline and working with the Production Department to plan and conduct set-up and teardown, procure and return venue items, and provide installations by set deadlines.
• Directing of onsite set-up and teardown of the venue.
• Working closely with the Volunteer Department to acquire adequate volunteer coverage for Festival events and provide ongoing and accurate information to department volunteers and timely responses to their inquiries.
• Training volunteers and providing general supervision, creating schedules, and ensuring evaluations are completed post-Festival.
• Managing venue concessions with concession staff for onsite café and to facilitate staff receptions and other special events held.
• Tracking projected and actual expenses to stay within budget and providing support to the Senior Manager on other aspects of budget and expenses as requested.
• Creating and submitting a cleaning schedule for daily janitorial services.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory, pre- and post-Festival, including photos of all furniture and equipment for the venue.
• Managing venue deliveries, inventory, and returns.
• Performing walkthroughs pre- and post-Festival to ensure the venue is ready for public opening and is returned to original setup.
• Managing onsite operations throughout the Festival and ensuring timely resolutions to issues as they arise.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills and the ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including that ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively help rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Remain organized to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to a competitive hourly pay of $22.60, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program