Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Events
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2021 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Events jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Events postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Associate Manager, Events and Venue is charged with the planning and execution of assigned events during the Sundance Film Festival as well as coordination of vendors and production for venues.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Festival Events, the Festival Associate Manager, Events and Venue supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive event experience for all attendees.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office with regular opportunities to work from home. This role is expected to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Planning and implementing logistical needs for assigned events (digital and/or live).
• Creating and editing invitations for events using the platform Splash That, working with event hosts and departments on guest list curation.
• Developing and executing event programs, including run of shows and program remarks.
• Maintaining and updating budgets for assigned events, and supporting the Senior Manager with processes and tracking department budget and expenses
• Providing ongoing and timely communications with venue owners and managers, vendors, and the Festival Operations team regarding each event's structure and needs, ensuring good rapport and communication.
• Supporting the Event Department with various projects, including assisting team members event execution tasks.
• Coordinating with Marketing to create event collateral, including assisting with marketing and design, gathering feedback and approvals, and ordering and compiling materials.
• Documenting assigned events and their details items such as banquet event orders (BEO), evaluation sheets, alcohol sheets, vendors, event correspondences, attendance (RSVP vs. actual), and issues as they arise.
• Providing onsite coordination and event management to deliver high quality and successful events.
• Managing volunteers and staff support for each event, working closely with the Volunteer Department to acquire adequate volunteer coverage for Festival event and Venue needs, creating schedules, submitting evaluations, and providing ongoing and accurate information to department volunteers and timely responses to their inquiries.
• Obtaining necessary permits, equipment rental orders, production assistance needs, signage orders, security needs, and evacuation plans while overseeing that all equipment and furniture are ordered, delivered, and returned by set deadlines.
• Ensuring all stakeholders are updated on planning, schedules, and logistical needs to plan, order, and track various event items, including signage, sponsor activations, photography and content, and guest transportation.
• Managing venue design and flow incorporating sponsor signage, electrical, equipment, aesthetics, security, evacuation plan, etc.
• Managing logistical needs for events including equipment, decor, technical needs, setup, and teardown.
• Overseeing all production assistance request form (PARF) and venue equipment request form (VERF) submissions and needs for assigned venues and all events.
• Assisting with setting up and breaking down the venue space.
• Conducting walkthroughs pre- and post-Festival to ensure the venue is ready for the public and is returned to the original set up.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience planning and executing events.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive (including Google Docs and Google Sheets and Google Calendar).
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Jump in quickly to support the team, are proactive, and show initiative in the planning of your assigned events.
• Adapt to changing and developing circumstances and processes.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively both within the Events and Partnerships teams and with other departments
• Help craft the event experience for both digital and in person events and align it to the 2022 Sundance Film Festival vision.
In addition to an hourly pay of $22.60, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program