Seasonal Festival Assistant, Transportation
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Assistant, Transportation is charged with supporting transportation and production services departments, with an emphasis on maintaining safe operations surrounding parking lot/traffic flows at various Festival events.
Working closely under the direction of the Festival Manager, Transportation, the Assistant supports the team by honoring Sundance Institute's commitment to introducing the work of independent artists to new audiences by ensuring transportation logistics for the annual Festival are a success.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Tuesday, January 18, 2022 through Wednesday, February 2, 2022. Additionally, this role may be required to be lodged onsite for the annual Sundance Film Festival. Extended hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends may also be required at key points.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Installing, monitoring and maintaining barricades/signage in accordance with traffic mitigation plans for various Festival events.
• Conducting pre- and post-Festival inventories for traffic and parking lot signage, ensuring that inventory is clean and organized.
• Updating inventory tracking documents with current, accurate, and complete information.
• Addressing and resolving Transportation Team issues as they arise.
• Tracking petty cash and ensuring receipts and petty cash are balanced each day.
• Tracking and returning radios, cell phones, and accessories for the department.
• Ensuring that Festival vehicles are clean and refueled at all times to ensure they are ready for deployment.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• Prior experience in event production, operations, or related fields.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence, including the ability to problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
In addition to an hourly pay of $16.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program