Seasonal Festival Assistant, Theater Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/8/2021 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Assistant, Theater Operations jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Assistant, Theater Operations postings
Full Time Job
The Assistant, Theater Operations is charged with assisting the Festival Associate Manager, Theater Operations with the pre-Festival planning and implementation to ensure successful daily operations and positive audience experiences within assigned theaters.
Working closely under the direction of the Festival Manager, Theater Operations and the Festival Coordinator, Theater Operations, the Festival Assistant, Theater Operations supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, December 1, 2021 through Friday, February 11, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, this role may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival. This position is also required to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays during key points and must be willing and available to and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Fulfilling supply and equipment orders and deliveries to theaters as directed.
• Loading Festival theaters in and out as assigned.
• Along with the Theater Operations Coordinator, supervising the daily runner schedule and logs for equipment and supply deliveries for Festival theaters
• Adjusting, communicating, and tracking daily volunteer runner schedules.
• Working with the Theater Operations Coordinator, ordering, taking inventory, and distributing theater signage as directed.
• Helping to set up the Theater Operations Festival Office and additional spaces as needed.
• Distributing film posters to assigned theaters as directed by the Press Office.
• Tracking and maintaining team contact information, including phone numbers, schedules, and locations.
• Collecting theater keys from volunteers and departments as directed.
• Programming and distributing Festival cell phones to the team as directed.
• Assisting with the Theater Operations Department rental vehicle fleet logistics
• Supporting the Theater Operations Department with updating, preparing and printing training materials and binders.
• Assisting team with timelines, inventorying, ordering, special screenings, etc. as directed.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively help motivate your teammates and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $16.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program