Post-Production Supervisor, Documentary Edit and Story Lab
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Our Lab Operations Department is looking for a great addition to the team for their Post-Production Supervisor role. Based in our Park City office, this position oversees and directs the post production operations for projects at the Sundance Institute's Documentary Edit and Story Lab.
As Post-Production Supervisor, you would have the unique opportunity to...
• Collaborate with the Documentary Film team on the selection of Contributing Editors for the Lab.
• Thoroughly reviews doc film submissions to prepare for the Lab.
• Support attending artists in all their post production needs as necessary, ensuring they have proper materials, preparing DVD/hard drives, responding to issues or change requests promptly, etc.
• Train and develop post-production crew and volunteers
Other items on your to-do list include:
• Participating and actively contributes to weekly pre-lab conference calls to assist with planning lab operations.
• Conducting pre-lab orientations with Editor Fellows and Contributing Editors..
• Reviewing lab documented guidelines related to post-production for edits and ensures they are distributed to selected Fellows.
• Reviewing previous lab post production workflows to refine, streamline and improve efficiency.
• Inventory equipment in lab storage and purchases equipment as necessary. Ensures Institute owned and loaner equipment is properly inventoried, checked for damages, returned appropriately (includes tracking) or stored properly.
• Manage editorial flow and assigned budgets across processes.
• Update, maintain and ensure compliance with metadata standards.
This position is required to live and work from Sundance Resort from approximately mid to late June. Sundance Institute will provide meals and accommodations in a shared home when position is living from the Resort. Extended hours, weekend work, and holidays will be required leading up to and during the labs. Days off once physically working from Sundance Resort will be inconsistent.
Key Experience and Skills Required:
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 4 years experience in film or tv post production.
• Strong leadership skills, including managing staff, freelancers, volunteers etc.
• Ability to design, test and implement media technology workflow.
• Working knowledge of digital editing equipment.
• Proficient with PC and Mac operation, networking and hardware.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with all levels of staff and a diverse group of personalities.
• Ability to manage expectations of others with excellent conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.