Paid Intern - Outreach and Inclusion
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2021 3:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Outreach and Inclusion jobs in Remote-US
Search all Paid Intern - Outreach and Inclusion postings
Part Time Paid Internship
The Intern, Outreach and Inclusion is charged with supporting the administration and production of artist support events and activities within the Outreach & Inclusion (O&I) Program and Women at Sundance programs. This role will work 20 hours a week remotely from Thursday, September 30, 2021 to Wednesday, December 15, 2021. This is a paid internship.
Working closely under the direction of the Associate Director, Women at Sundance, the Outreach and Inclusion Intern supports Sundance Institute's commitment to providing personalized creative and professional development support to artists from historically marginalized communities, especially those priority communities where O&I and the Institute have identified the greatest opportunities for improvement.
This internship will focus on:
• Learning about Sundance artist support programs, inclusion initiatives, and artist & community outreach.
• Learning how to plan and implement a successful outreach program, with a focus on engaging underrepresented communities.
• Learning how to evaluate research and collect valid data.
• Honing creative development skills across various platforms including feature films, documentaries, episodic, and shorts.
Through this internship, the participant will…
• Contribute to the submission and feedback process for the O&I and Women at Sundance programs by evaluating submissions and writing feedback summaries on assigned projects to present during selections meetings.
• Support in the development and production of the virtual artist program curriculum for fellows.
• Develop, launch, and onboard artists and O&I staff onto new virtual community and tracking platforms on Slack and Airtable.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Providing administrative and operational support to the O&I and Women at Sundance program activities, including scheduling meetings, taking notes during artist calls, taking meeting notes and minutes, creating documents, maintaining department databases, completing grant paperwork and payment request forms, etc.
• Supporting programming for these activations, including reading applications and participating in selection meetings.
• Assisting with the execution of online events connected to the Momentum Fellowship, the Adobe Women's Fellowship, and the Trans Possibilities Intensive, including various fellowship-related logistics such as maintaining and editing event invitation lists and tracking RSVPs.
• Assisting with creating program materials, including collecting, updating, and tracking information including schedules, bios, and photos.
• Participating in Institute meetings and brainstorms regarding Outreach & Inclusion Initiatives.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office products.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proactive and attentive to detail.
, Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of challenges facing artists from traditionally marginalized communities and interest in or experience working directly with multicultural communities.
• General knowledge of the digital landscape and film and arts nonprofits regionally.
• Experience working with databases.
• Research and data collection experience.