Manager, Women At Sundance
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2023 8:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Manager, Women At Sundance jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Women At Sundance postings
Full Time Job
The Manager, Women at Sundance is charged with serving as the lead for Women at Sundance internally and externally, for project and fellows curation, and event and lab oversight.
Working closely under the Founding Senior Director, Artist Programs, the Manager, Women at Sundance supports Sundance Institute's commitment to cultivating career sustainability, building community, and strengthening the artist pipeline for filmmakers from historically underrepresented communities.
This temporary position works 30 hours per week from Wednesday, February 8, 2023 through Friday, May 13, 2023. This position may work remotely from any of the U.S. states Sundance Institute currently operates within, with a preference for candidates based in the Los Angeles, CA area. Extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends will be required at key points.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Preparing and implementing outreach, nominations, interviews and final selection process for two year-long fellowships: Adelante Director Fellowship (February-May) and Sundance Adobe Women to Watch Fellowship (April).
• Supporting the Momentum Fellowship, including overseeing and monitoring coaching; planning and organizing a February/March online gathering of Momentum Fellows and coaches, and the Harnisch Foundation Convening.
• Supporting the Adobe Fellowship, including planning and implementing a skills-building workshop for Fellows in March.
• Working with Advancement to set a quarterly meeting for the Women's Leadership Council and sending regular email updates and newsletters.
• Working closely with the Founding Senior Director and Women in Film (WIF) to renew the ReFrame Partnership for FY23 and FY24.
• Meeting regularly with the Founding Senior Director and the CEO to strategically plan for and reset the Women at Sundance Program.
• In partnership with the Founding Senior Director, overseeing the Women at Sundance budget, completing monthly reconciliations and forecasting to meet deadlines set by Finance.
• Supporting the program administratively as needed, and providing guidance and mentorship to the part-time Coordinator, Women at Sundance.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in producing, nonprofit artist program management, or related.
• Experience reviewing proposals for fiction and nonfiction cinematic works, and participating in highly selective curatorial processes.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong strategic planning skills and the ability to understand the implications actions will have on the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Experience managing a large budget and with contract negotiation.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Effectively utilize your creative and curatorial expertise to support artists in the three fellowships.
• Communicate effectively with the Artist Program Group (APG), Women's Leadership Council, and external partners.
• Build and sustain strong working relationships and collaborate across internal departments, fellows, advisors, and partners to meet deadlines and goals.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1,211.0-1,346.00*, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
*Location and experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.