Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Manager, Events is a key member of the Advancement Department and Festival Operations team charged with managing and supporting the production of events for the Sundance Institute.
Working closely under the Associate Director, Events, the Manager will work cross-departmentally on operational planning and will lead and manage a team of seasonal employees to plan and execute events for the annual Sundance Film Festival. In addition, the Manager will plan, produce, and support Institute, partner, and experiential events year-round to further the mission of the Institute and advance the impact of independent storytelling in the world. This will include Advancement events like national fundraisers and cultivation events to help support Institute programs, and will involve building operational and logistical plans, as well as securing venues, building runs of show, and executing events.
This full-time position is based out of our Park City, Utah office with regular opportunities for remote work. Extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends will be required at key points throughout the year. Occasional travel to work onsite at Institute events, festivals, and labs will be required.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• With Associate Director, creating and updating operational and logistical plans related to the production of events during the annual Sundance Film Festival and ensuring strategic development goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and programming elements are incorporated into planning.
• Creating and managing timelines, procedures, and deadlines related to the Events Department across multiple departments and stakeholders, including maintaining an accurate calendar of Festival events.
• With Associate Director, building and managing the annual Festival events and Advancement events budgets, including reconciling event expenses and revenue, and tracking and processing invoices.
• Preparing and routing contracts for approval with the Finance and Legal Departments.
• Working closely with the Corporate Advancement Department to oversee corporate sponsor activations at events and assist official groups in event planning.
• Facilitating special events and local consent permitting with Park City, Summit County, and the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (DABC), including preparing applications, providing supporting documentation, and submitting for approval.
• Overseeing Festival beverage logistics and the seasonal beverage logistics employees, including oversight of estimated projections, orders, deliveries, distribution plan, and ensuring compliance with Utah state laws.
• Continually building relationships with Official Providers, In-Kind Partners, city officials, the DABC, venue owners, and vendors to retain and grow current partnerships while soliciting and developing new partnerships.
• Identifying, negotiating rates, and hiring all necessary vendors and venues, as well as conducting ongoing venue research and working to create new venue opportunities.
• Managing Festival seasonal employees, including hiring and training individuals in collaboration with the Associate Director, assigning events, delegating appropriate and meaningful work, and providing guidance and feedback throughout contracts to ensure employees are effective in their roles.
• Establishing training plans and content, and conducting staff training in collaboration with other departments.
• Working directly with the Marketing team on invite workflows and invitations, design approvals, and advancement deliverables, including credit lines, logo recognitions, line listing, etc.
• In partnership with the Associate Director and broader Advancement Department, supporting the development of strategy for year-round fundraising and cultivation events to engage donors and prospects and grow revenue as well as planning, managing, and supporting events nationwide.
• Managing the full event lifecycle for assigned events including but not limited to venue and vendor management, supporting program concepts, creating runs of show, managing travel for guests and entertainment, and overseeing events onsite to ensure successful execution
• Soliciting and managing attendance at events: working with Advancement department colleagues on tracking invites, RSVPs, and attendance lists in Sundance's NetSuite database and issuing accurate acknowledgement letters
• Performing research on current trends in the event industry and incorporating best practices into events to meet or exceed industry standards.
• Providing a range of administrative support to the Events Department as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience producing events, including food and beverage logistics as well as cultivation and stewardship events.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to work effectively with all levels of staff, external vendors, and a variety of people.
• Experience managing, meeting budget constraints, meeting revenue goals.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to move, lift, and carry items up to 50 lbs. and to stand and walk for extended hours daily (12 hours).
• Knowledge of Splash That, NetSuite, and other event databases preferred.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Support the Associate Director, Events with strategy, creation and execution of all Institute events to help drive donations, stewardship, and press as prioritized by each event.
• Help to identify and cultivate new event models and opportunities.
• Creatively identify how best to integrate events and event best practices as an extension of live and digital experiential activities (e.g. partner events, panels, private screenings, etc.)
• Are excited about working in a collaborative setting and with many different people both internally and externally.
• Lead and optimize event operational systems (e.g. invitations, vendor agreements, location relationships and lists, etc.) and look for opportunities to maximize efficiencies and success.
• Utilize strong project management skills to support the team in meeting deadlines.
• Obtain professional satisfaction from guiding a team to success
In addition to an annual salary of $54,000.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)