Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Graphic Designer is charged with coordinating graphic design tasks, refining projects and drafts, and designing graphic materials of the highest quality across creative assets for all Sundance Institute programs, including print and digital media.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Graphic Designer, the Graphic Designer also creates graphic assets for use on all digital platforms, including Institute web properties, external sites, and social media.
This full-time position is based out of our Park City, Utah office with regular opportunities for remote work. This role will be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, at key points throughout the year to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Creating design work for all Sundance Institute programs and initiatives including the Sundance Film Festival.
• Creating a range of materials including print and digital ads, environmental graphics, sponsor signage, merchandise design for apparel and accessories, special event branding and invitations, graphics for videos and trailer end credits, email and eblast templates, and digital presentations.
• Supporting in the production of graphic systems, design asset kits, advertising deliverables, social media assets, signage, and video graphics for Sundance Institute programs and labs and the Sundance Film Festival.
• Tracking timelines with printers and external vendors to ensure deadlines are met and conducting press checks.
• Supporting the production and installation of environmental graphics for programs and events.
• Reviewing and approving graphics created and used by outside vendors, partners, and outlets to ensure they are applied appropriately.
• Obtaining edits and approvals required to move projects to the next stage and generating edits on projects.
• Supporting Sundance Film Festival seasonal design staff and interns, including creating and facilitating training.
• Maintaining the design calendar to reflect accurate approval, printing, and deadline dates and consistently updating project tracking software.
• Collaborating with the various departments to determine and deliver on graphic needs as needed.
• Assisting with designing additional materials as requested.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2-3 years graphic design experience.
• Experience creating graphic assets for digital platforms, and video and motion design.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and familiarity with other emerging technologies such as Canva.com.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Excel, and Google Applications.
• Knowledgeable in printing production methods, fabrication, and installation.
• A graphic design portfolio that demonstrates creativity and versatility of skills.
• Excellent typography skills.
• UX experience preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Work quickly and efficiently, while prioritizing projects and keeping organized.
• Produce work within established brand guidelines while still maintaining originality and aesthetics.
• Are highly motivated, creative, and are looking to grow your design skills.
• Recognize problems and inefficiencies, but also to propose solutions and improvements.
In addition to an hourly pay of $22.60, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)