Grant Writer & Coordinator, Institutional Giving
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Los Angeles, Park City, or New York City
Sundance Institute is seeking a Grant Writer and Coordinator to join our Institutional Giving team. This position will be charged with providing grant writing, project coordination, and administrative support to the department.
Working closely under the Director, Institutional Giving, the Grant Writer and Coordinator collaborates with multiple departments to build strong cases for philanthropic support and ensure that constituents are connected to the work of Sundance Institute's artist programs and the annual Film Festival.
Sundance Institute currently has offices in Los Angeles, Park City, and New York City. This position works full time out of one of our office locations and will be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends at key points throughout the year. Occasional travel to Institute offices and events will be required on occasion.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Under the guidance of the Director and other team members, drafting compelling, clear, and accurate written materials for grant proposals and reports, in keeping with funder guidelines and deadlines as applicable.
• Collaborating with relationship managers and key program and operations staff to update program descriptions and draft donor stewardship communications.
• Coordinating internal review of proposal and report materials, and incorporating feedback in a timely manner
• Uploading and submitting proposals and reports to funders' online grantee portals as applicable.
• Conducting ongoing prospect research to identify potential funders and providing written reports on findings.
• Providing administrative support to the director and entire department including coordinating meetings, maintaining files, tracking deadlines, and submitting expense reports.
• Writing and coordinating the distribution of general donor correspondence, including acknowledgment letters, cover letters, event invitations, general emails, and mailings.
• Overseeing department communication processes including: maintaining the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database with accurate contact information, including detailed donor, prospect, event, and mailing lists.
• Managing multiple email accounts, which includes routing inquiries, screening emails, and providing timely responses.
• Serving as the Institutional Giving Department's main point of contact on donor crediting and recognition, ensuring accuracy and stakeholder approval.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of experience coordinating projects, drafting fundraising materials, and providing administrative support, preferably in foundation and/or government giving.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording, tracking, and issuing information.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with the public, major and high-profile donors, foundations, board members, and colleagues.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to set priorities.
• Passion for the arts and understanding of Sundance Institute's mission.
• Strong customer support skills.
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends around key deadlines.
• Working knowledge of fundraising databases and proficiency in Google Products preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you…
• Draft persuasive and impactful letters, proposals, and reports
• Balance and prioritize competing deadlines and deliverables.
• Build and sustain strong working relationships and successfully collaborate across departments to meet deadlines and goals.
In addition to a competitive hourly pay based on the state of residence, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers